Tuesday 26 September 2017

Heavy Metal

Hi! Welcome to my very first blog post of my brand new blog.

Having been creating art for many years I thought it about time I start a blog to share my passion for art on the world wide web. I love all things art including mixed media, abstract art, art journalling and so much more and I hope to bring you all sorts of art creations in the coming weeks and months.

I thought I would create this art book cover for the Simon Says Monday Challenge which is called "Heavy Metal".

I sprayed lots of Lindy's mica sprays in gold and bronze colours and stamped a flourish stamp by Indigo Blu all over the card using gold acrylic paint. The photos do not do the Lindy's sprays justice, in the daylight the card just shimmers with all the lovely glimmer from the mists.

gold art book cover 3

The sentiment embossed in gold is from the Donna Downey Empowered Words stamp set, a great sentiment which I certainly love to live by!

The little black scrapbook is by Hobby Craft which I will be using as kind of mini portfolio for my art.

gold art book cover 2a

Please do leave me a comment so that I can come and see you!

I've still got lots of tweaking to do to my new blog, so bear with me.

Hope to be back with more artwork very soon,

Eleanor xx

3 comments:

  1. Love your new website. You're very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tour project is absolutely wonderful so sophisticated!Color palette is fab, metal accent is perfect! Thanks for joining us this week on Simon says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!Barbara

    ReplyDelete