Tuesday 24 October 2017

Mixed media collage art journal pages *you never know*


As I was still in the mood for art journalling I decided to use my new Dylusions creative art journal. I bought the 9" x 11" size, and it was only when I opened it I realised how much blank space there was to fill.

I don't normally journal in quite such a big book and it was daunting. However, I just started by collaging in opposite corners and tried to let the pages evolve.

flourish art journal pages 2

Some of the collaged pieces were left over from another project where I had used blue paint, so I used blue and magenta pink watercolour together with highlights of gold, and then added black for some dramatic contrast.

flourish art journal pages 1

I did go a bit overboard with the Tim Holtz flourish stencil!

flourish art journal pages 4

I have to say I really like the colour combination and I'm pleased with how these pages turned out.

Thank you for stopping by xx


1 comment:

  1. Good heavens, girl! I've been checking out your blog and you have some SERIOUS SKILLS! I enjoy your aesthetic so much and your rare ability to mix earthy-gritty-grungy imagery with soft beauty. What a treat to see your work! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete