Tuesday 20 February 2018

Bright grunge collage art journal pages...

If you have read my last few posts you will know how much I love the grunge look, so I was thrilled when I found out that this week's challenge over at Simon Says Monday challenge is called "Grunge it Up".  How could I resist?

However rather than use dark colours as I have over the last few weeks I chose much brighter colours, in fact one of my fave colour combinations-shades of lilac and green.

I used Pebeo acrylic paints in Anise Green and Blackcurrent, and Gelatos in Black Cherry and Raspberry. The scribbles were made with a black China pencil and white Sharpie.

bright grunge 16 

I just used a 300gsm A4 piece of card and used acrylic paint and collaged some book papers. I also used Prima oil pastels and some Gelatos.

Here are a few close ups of the finished piece...

bright grunge 10 



bright grunge 8 

 

bright grunge 7 


bright grunge 6 


bright grunge 4 

I was going to make some cards with the finished artwork, but at the last minute decided I liked it too much to cut it up too much and put it in my Dylusions Art Journal instead.

bright grunge 11 

The lovely sentiments are by Donna Downey called Empowered Words, which I've embossed in silver. 

bright grunge 19

 Lots of photos today, but I hope you enjoy looking at them as much as I loved creating them. See you soon xx

2 comments:

  1. love those bright colour, they are perfect for a journal, I can see why you didn't want to cut up that beautiful abstract art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Swooooon! I love this and am once again impressed with your mastery over color and scribbly grunginess! You really do have an inspiring aesthetic and I've enjoyed seeing your entries so much. Thanks for once again sharing your talents with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete