Wednesday 28 February 2018

Heavy Body acrylic abstract cards...

 I had never tried heavy body acrylics on cardstock and wasn't sure if it would work.  

But it did. These creations may not be to everyone's taste, but they have grown on me and I actually love all the texture the paints have created.

heavy abstract 1 

In shades of black, burnt umber, mushroom and white I kept layering the paint with my fingers, my preferred way of painting.

heavy abstract 6

There is a rawness to these pieces but I quite like that... 

heavy abstract 5

I couldn't make up my mind whether just to put them in my art album or make cards, but I chose to make cards and add the Tim Holtz book plates, I just love them and I think they really suit this grunge style of art.

heavy abstract 4

Like so much abstract work they actually look better from a distance than close up...

heavy abstract  8

 I shall be entering these into this week's challenge over Simon Says Wednesday challenge "anything goes".

Well, we did get a lot of snow yesterday but it has stopped now, although it still feels like the acrtic outside! 

See you soon xx

2 comments:

  1. OMG so incredible, I love the abstract design

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they are utterly beautiful. The white on the label against the rest of the piece just works so perfectly. Really lovely pieces.
    Thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge. Hope you have a great day :) x

    ReplyDelete