Sunday 25 February 2018

Mixed media abstract grunge...

I spent most of yesterday on various art projects but I just did not produce anything that I liked. In fact the more I did, the more it was going horribly wrong.

I was about to give up. I had just soaked a piece of card with Liquitex inks in Muted Violet and Carbon Black and it looked awful. But then I added some white acrylic paint and started to scribble and scratch the paint. Suddenly I had the beginning of these pieces of art...



magenta abstract 9

It was the final addition of arcylic paint in Quinacridone Magenta that changed how I felt about these  
pieces completely.

magenta abstract 8

Here a couple of close ups... 

magenta abstract 14




magenta abstract 13
Then in was case of what to do with them. I just did not want to cover up any of the art work.

So I have simply displayed them in my art journal.

magenta abstract 10

Now I can look at them and use them as inspiration for future art work maybe.

magenta abstract 11

This will be my 5th and final entry for this week's Simon Says Monday challenge for "Grunge it up".

 I may get even more art work done this week as they have forecast snow with potentially blizzards later on in the week which would be quite unusual for this part of the UK. A great excuse to cosy up in my craft room as if I need any excuse!

See you soon xx





1 comment:

  1. What a stunning work!!! Love your project! Thanks for joining us this week on Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! Barbara

    ReplyDelete